- In the present advancing society, the use of soft drinks has turned out to be a necessary drink. Regardless of whether the drink comprises of carbonated-caffeine beverages, for example, cola or diet drinks like diet cola, everybody enjoys the pleasurable and refreshing taste of a fizzy drink.
- While these fizzy drinks may refresh and give satisfaction to you, they hamper the functioning of the organs and brain. The fundamental part in carbonated-soda drinks is caffeine which triggers the excitation of the reticular system within the brain. If you are attempting to get pregnant, you should decrease the intake of sweetened drinks.
Related Article– PREGNANCY DIET AND NUTRITION
- To further examine the potential relationship between drinking soda and infertility, researchers from Boston University School of Public Health in Massachusetts surveyed 3,828 women — all matured somewhere in the range of 21 and 45 years— and 1,045 of their male partners.
- Evaluating their information, the scientists found that drinking soft drink was connected with a 20 percent reduction in the average monthly probability of conception for both men and women.
- Women who drank at least one soft drink every day showed a 25 percent lower monthly probability of conception, while men who drank at least one soft drink for every day had a 33 percent lower probability of successfully conceiving with their partner.
- The primary reason for this increased infertility due to sweetened drinks consumption is that aspartame, an artificial sugar used in soda drinks, can disturb the working of endocrine organs causing hormonal imbalance in women. Phenylalanine and aspartic acid, the two amino acids present in aspartame, are viewed as regular and harmless when eaten in the mix with other amino acids.
- In any case, when taken separately, they stimulate the creation of free radicals which prompts cell death. Sperm and ovum being cells have 90% chances of dying when this is taken more.
- Men who intake sodas more frequently at multiple times in the risk of bringing down their sperm count, motility and concentration. Soft drink is an acidic drink, which modifies the pH level of the body when it is consumed more in quantity.
- Moreover, bisphenol-A, a chemical that decreases the male semen quality, is found in the lining of plastic bottles and canned foods. A large part of the sodas are caffeinated and contain fructose.
- Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor that reduces the uterine blood flow in this way it reduces menstrual bleeding and shortening the duration of menses.
Related Article– IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLE OR INFERTILITY?
Would you like to clarify more such fertility issues and want to get pregnancy related information? Dr. Shwetha.Y.Baratikkae at Janisthaa IVF Center is one of the expert IVF doctors in Bangalore with many successful cases over 15 years. Get the most accurate and customized advice and treatment from her. Janisthaa’s treatment facilities are top-notch with the best quality treatment and care from the staff. Come and unlock your doors of parenthood at Janisthaa IVF Center.